Fire crews tackle house blaze

Fire & Rescue Stock SUS-150522-080835001
Fire & Rescue Stock SUS-150522-080835001
0
Have your say

A conservatory was badly damaged in a fire at a house in Houghton Regis on Friday.

At 5.48pm on November 20 Fire Control received a call about a fire at a house in Hammersmith Close, Houghton Regis.

When two fire engines from Dunstable Community Fire Station arrived they found a conservatory attached to a two-storey building on fire.

Using breathing apparatus to protect them from fumes and smoke firefighters used a fire hose to extinguish the fire which was out by 6.27pm.

The conservatory was 50% destroyed by the fire which was started accidentally. There were no casualties.