Next week the PALS team from Bedfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group (BCCG) alongside other local PALS teams in Bedfordshire will be hosting a number of events throughout the county to help raise awareness of PALS.
Advisors will be on hand to help answer your questions about local health services at Leighton Buzzard market from 9am – 3pm on Tuesday 15 July. There will also be a number of events from NHS providers in Bedfordshire including:
· The PALS team at Bedford Hospital will have a stand outside the Swannery restaurant on site during the week.
· The PALS team at Luton and Dunstable Hospital will be in the hospital’s main reception from Monday to Friday.
South Essex Partnership Trust (SEPT) will be hosting a number of events across the week, including:
· Monday 14 July - 10-12 am – Crombie house
· Tuesday 15 July - 10-12 am – The Lawns (adult clinic)
· Wednesday 16 July - 1.30-2.30 pm - London Road Health Centre
· Thursday 17 July - 10-12 am - Charter House reception and Weller Wing reception 1-3pm
· Friday 18 July - 1-3 pm -The Lawns (OPMH Clinic)
To finish of the awareness week BCCG PALS team will be at the Bedford River Festival on the 19 and 20 July. Members of the team will be on hand at the Your Health in Bedfordshire marquee, to help raise awareness of the helpful service they provide to the community.
PALS works closely with staff within Bedfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group (BCCG) and other local NHS organisations to resolve concerns quickly and efficiently, provide information on NHS services and enable patients and the public to get involved in shaping local NHS services. They also offer information about local and national support agencies.
Peter Howard, BCCG’s Head of PALS, Complaints and FOI, said:
“Our PALS team are here to help. We offer free, confidential advice and support to relatives, carers and patients about their local healthcare system. We resolve concerns quickly and efficiently, provide important information on NHS services and ultimately enable people to get involved in shaping their local NHS.”
To contact BCCG PALS:
Phone: 01525 864405 (8.30am - 5.00pm, Monday to Friday).
(A voicemail system operates at busy times and out of normal office hours; and PALS will try to return your call by the next working day).