Beds Fire and Rescue Service is urging people to take care after a series of fires over the Christmas holiday.
On Monday December 28 Fire Control received a call from an automatic fire alarm at 1.20pm from a property in Elliott Court, High St North, Dunstable. When Firefighters from Dunstable Community Fire Station arrived they found a small cooker fire that was out of arrival. They used positive pressure ventilation to clear smoke from the property. There were no casualties and the incident was closed at 1.32pm.
And on December 29 firefighters were called to Ashburnham Road, Luton at 9.34am. When fire crews from Luton Community Fire Station arrived they found a bedroom on the first floor of a three storey semi-detached house on fire.
Wearing breathing apparatus to protect themselves from smoke and fumes firefighters from Luton and Stopsley fought the fire using two fire hoses and two covering jets. The Luton Arial Platform was used to help observe and fight the fire which was out by 10.30am.
There were no casualties but 50% of the first floor was damaged by the fire and 100% of the ground and second floors were damaged by smoke.