GCSEs: Students at Queensbury Academy celebrate outstanding results
Headteacher congratulates all students on their results
After months of anxious waiting, GCSE students at Queensbury Academy in Dunstable are celebrating an outstanding set of results.
Students were unable to take their exams this year because of the Covid-19 pandemic with teachers instead predicting how they would have performed.
This has given them lots of opportunities to successfully enter further education in the coming year. Particular successes include:
- Lucy Woodland- 7 grade 9s, 3 grade 8s
- Lexie Hobson- 7 grade 9s, 3 grade 8s
- Eleanor Hill- 5 grade 9s, 4 grade 8s, 1 grade 7
- Connor Cardinal- 5 grade 9s, 4 grade 8s, 1 grade 7
- Inaya Gilani- 4 grade 9s, 6 grade 8s.
Queensbury Principal, Mark Little, said: "Congratulations are due to all our students and families as well as the staff for this excellent set of results.
"It is wonderful to see so many young people fulfilling their potential and being able to move on to new and exciting challenges.”