Callouts for kitchen fires
Firefighters were called out twice to kitchen blazes in Luton over the weekend.
At 5.05am on Sunday an automatic fire alarm mobilised firefighters from Luton, Stopsley and Dunstable to a fire in a first floor flat in Spandow Court, Elizabeth Street, Luton.
Firefighters had to gain access to the property using a triple
extension ladder and found that the accidental kitchen fire was already out on arrival.
They used positive pressure ventilation to clear smoke from this property.
Firefighters from Stopsley Community Fire Station also removed a dishwasher from a property in Emmer Green, Luton after it caught fire at 10.24pm on Friday night .
The fire was out on arrival and firefighters moved the appliance outside.