It wasn’t a good start to the New Year for one Dunstable household after a bin blaze started deliberately spread to the property.
Two crews from Dunstable Community Fire Station were called to the house in Spoondell at 9.44pm on January 1.
When firefighters arrived just four minutes later they found that a fire in three wheelie bins had spread to a small utility room attached to the property.
Using a fire hose they quickly extinguished the blaze and then used positive pressure ventilation to clear smoke from the property.
There were no casualties and the incident was closed at 10.17pm.