Make sure you can vote in Beds police commissioner poll

Ballot box
Ballot box

Make sure you are registered to vote in Bedfordshire’s Police and Crime Commissioner elections next year.

Over the last four months residents in Central Bedfordshire will have received an enquiry form to find out who within each home is eligible to vote.

Following this Central Beds Council sent any new electors an individual electoral registration form to complete. The forms can be returned in the pre paid envelope provided or you can register online at

All forms must be returned to the council’s electoral registration team - however the authority estimates 15,000 households have yet to return them.

If you move house, even if you are renting, you need to register at your new address.

Richard Carr, electoral registration officer, said: “Some people wrongly assume that paying council tax means you are registered to vote. I am urging all those eligible to to confirm their information as soon as possible.”

If you are not sure if you are on the register call 0300 300 8008 or email