Warning follows cooking oil blaze

Fire
Fire

Firefighters were called to a kitchen fire caused by a pan of hot oil in Henley Close, Houghton Regis.

The incident took place just been 2pm on Thursday.

Firefighters from Dunstable Community Fire Station arrived to find the fire out but the property smoke logged.

Wearing breathing apparatus they used positive pressure ventilation to clear smoke from the property.

There were no casualties and the incident was closed at 2.20pm.

The fire service is asking people to take particular care in the kitchen over Christmas and where possible to reduce the amount of oil used when cooking or use a thermostat controlled deep fat fryer for frying food rather than old fashioned deep fat fryers.