Blues held by nine-man Chesham

Southern League Premier Division: Dunstable Town 1 Chesham United 1

Friday, 22nd April 2016, 4:00 pm
Updated Wednesday, 27th April 2016, 8:04 am
First for sports news
First for sports news

Dunstable Town were held to a draw by nine-man Chesham United in their penultimate Southern Premier Division clash of the season on Thursday night.

The hosts made one change from Saturday’s defeat against champions Poole Town with Jonathan Edwards in for Gary Wharton.

It was Chesham who went close first, Kelvin Bossman glancing wide, before they took the lead when Ryan Blake netted from a free kick.

Dunstable’s Connor Calcutt threatened a leveller, while Edwards was found by Steve Wales, only to be denied by Shane Gore.

Chris Vardy then set up David Keenleyside to shoot straight at Gore, while after the break, Calcutt’s chip was off target, before he then fired wide following some good link-up play with Vardy.

Chesham were then reduced to 10 men when sub Barrington Hales received two yellow cards, while Mark Smith headed over, but the Blues levelled on 77 minutes when Calcutt was fouled in the area and dusted himself down to score the penalty.

Keenleyside and Vardy were then a whisker away from making it 2-1, before Adam Pepera was booked for a poor challenge on Ashley Smith, who retaliated by raising his arms and was sent off, as United had to finish with nine players.

Dunstable are at home to Bedworth United this weekend.

Blues: Bart Pedrycz, Zack Reynolds, Howard Hall, Mark Smith (Anthony Fontenelle), David Longe-King, Adam Pepera (C), Chris Vardy, Steve Wales, Connor Calcutt, Jonathan Edwards (Anthony Leslie), David Keenleyside.

Subs not used: Gary Wharton, Danny Talbot, Jonathan Wyllie.

Chesham: Shane Gore, Ashley Smith, Toby Little, Ben Ford, George Fenton, Joe Gater, David Pearce, Matt Taylor, Ryan Blake, Kelvin Bossman, Stephen Hamilton-Forbes.

Subs used: Barrington Hales, Sam Youngs, Alfie Osbourne. Subs not used: Ashley Morrisey, Chris Cutler.

Attendance: 126.