No way through for Blues at Stratford

Southern League Premier Division: Stratford Town 0 Dunstable Town 0

Monday, 4th April 2016, 12:11 pm
Updated Monday, 4th April 2016, 4:10 pm
First for sports news
First for sports news

Dunstable Town battled to a goalless draw in their first ever visit to Stratford Town at the weekend.

The visitors went into the game without regular goalkeeper Jamie Head, who was injured in training during the week, as his place went to able deputy Bart Pedrycz.

Dunstable had some early chances through Adam Watkins’ attempt that flew over, with Jonathan Edwards wide too, before Pedrycz palmed Jamie Sheldon’s shot behind and then held Simeon Tulloch’s effort.

A smart move involving Tyrone Fagan and Mark Magee was headed wide and last week’s hero Steve Wales lobbed a pass from James Kaloczi over the bar, before also missing the target.

Edwards thought he had opened the scoring, only to be denied by the offside flag, while David Keenleyside was thwarted by the home defence and Stratford keeper Andy Kemp denied Edwards.

In the second period, Magee’s effort was comfortable for Pedrycz, while Keenleyside’s well flighted free kick was tipped behind by Kemp.

Late on, Lee Roache came on for Edwards and went close, while at the other end, Dior Angus and Jack Roberts both tested Pedrycz, but the Dunstable keeper was up to the task as neither side could break through.

Dunstable are away this evening, when they visit Redditch United.

Stratford: Andy Kemp, Gary Moran, Kieren Westwood, Marcel Simpson, Liam Francis, Luke Fox, Simeon Tulloch, Jack Roberts, Tyrone Fagan (Dior Angus 74), Mark Magee (Richard Gregory, 69,), Jamie Sheldon.

Subs not used: Aaron Moses-Garvey, Aaron Stringfellow, Anthony Charles.

Dunstable: Bartosz Pedrycz, Howard Hall, Zack Reynolds, David Longe-King, James Kaloczi, Adam Pepera, Adam Watkins, Steve Wales, Jonathan Edwards (Lee Roache 79), David Keenleyside (Gary Wharton 83), Chris Vardy.

Subs not used: Danny Talbot, Anthony Leslie, Jonathan Wyllie.

Attendance: 141.